Monday, April 6, 2009

Monkey and Steve Reflection


Personally, I am a sucker for a cute face and rats definitely supply that!!! I would love to change the negative perspective that so many people hold when it comes to rats.

My rats, Monkey and Steve, have brought me nothing but joy and I can say that I am a proud rat owner. I was a little unsure how successful a blog on rats would be and whether I would have something to write about each week. After looking back on nearly 14 weeks, I never had a problem coming up with something to share. I found so many others like me who want to change negative perspectives and are proud to have a rat or two to call their own.

I hope that my pictures and personal videos of Monkey & Steve have been helpful in possibly changing a negative perspective or two and maybe even have warmed your heart to the little furballs :)

It has been wonderful sharing my experiences and I hope to continue to post updates on the two little furry men in my life.

If you are considering a pet, but a little concerned about cost and upkeep of one, consider a rat. They are easily and inexpensively maintained and are perfect companions!

1 comment:

  1. I was directed here by a friend who loves my pics and videos of our family rats.

    I happened to wander past a pet shop on my way to work a few weeks ago and noticed that they had rats in an aquarium.. I had a look and fell in love. The shop assistant informed me that the seller/breeder handled the rats everyday before he brought them into the store and gosh!! These rats are so tame!

    They're part of our family now and we love 'em to bits. I too want to educate others that rats aren't scary vermin - that they have character, are affectionate and playful and are so intelligent.

    Your babies are cute! (My son's name is Steve).. our rats are Sydney, Adelaide (yeah, we're Aussie) and Peanut. They all have facebook pages haha.. check out the name Pea Nutt Phillips ..

    Cheers fellow rat lover!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete